Continuing on the quest to catch up on my blog posts (two more woo!), this week we have another Pinterest recipe that we LOVED! I think I mentioned it briefly before, but I’m a big fan of Pinterest and browsing around for inspo in all areas of life in my free time, and recently, whilst browsing, I came across a recipe for Honey Sriracha Chicken that I knew I had to try!! The recipe is from the blog RasaMalaysia and it seemed like a recipe that was easy enough for a beginner like me to follow, with ingredients that we already had stocked in our kitchen! Win Win! I also had my friend Shannon over for this week’s dinner, my first guest outside of my family/boyfriend, which made this meal extra special and exciting!! SO here we go on our honey Sriracha adventure!
WEEK SEVENTEEN: HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN
*I strayed a little from the original recipe just a FYI for those who want to give this a try themselves. We doubled the recipe since we had 4 people eating, but everything still turned out great!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (could also use rice vinegar)
- white sesame seeds were also listed in the original recipe as optional, we didn’t use any, but I do want to add them next time!
- defrost chicken
- chop garlic
- combine honey, Sriracha, Tamari sauce, and apple cider vinegar to form the marinade and whisk together well
- add the garlic and marinade to the chicken, mixing well, and let that all sit and marinade together for 30 minutes
- IMPORTANT to note that here is where we diverge again from the recipe online. The blog post gives instructions for cooking the chicken in a skillet, but also says that you can bake or grill the chicken as well.
- Since we have our resident BBQ master here at our house, we decided to let him handle the cooking of the chicken on the grill!
- I always love this, mostly because it is delicious!! But also because less work for me, if I’m being honest 😉
- So while the chicken is marinading and BBQing, I got the rest of the meal ready to go:
- clean and prep asparagus, place on baking sheet, drizzle with oil and salt, and bake @ 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes
- follow instructions on back of the Rice-A-Roni cheesy rice packet and time accordingly
- prep salad mix
- open a nice bottle of Rose and enjoy! 🙂
- and that was pretty much it for the BBQ instructions, you can follow the link above to see instructions for baking and/or cooking the chicken in a skillet
DINNERRRR is served and it was EXCELLENT!! A tasty combo of sweet and spicy, the consensus was that we could’ve added a little more Sriracha to give it even more of a spicy kick, but everyone, even my special dinner guest, was super impressed with how it turned out and it will definitely be made and consumed again soon!!