We are officially back in the full swing of meal making mode this week, tackling something I have not yet attempted, homemade soup! As a big fan of soup in general (shout out to the Nob Hill/Raleys brand of chicken tortilla soup for being my absolute favorite soup ever), I think being able to make my own will be a cool notch on my chef belt and a good go-to when I’m looking for an easier meal that could feed more people and/or last for a few days after the main event. 🙂 SO here we go, starting off the soup making adventure with a classic vegetable soup!!
WEEK SIXTEEN: VEGETABLE SOUP
- 1 can of classic tomato soup
- 2 12 oz cans of V8 spicy juice
- 2 cans of beef broth
- 2 cups water
- ~2 zucchinis, cut into small pieces (quarters)
- ~3 carrots cut into small pieces
- ~2 stalks of celery
- 1 onion
- 1 can of green beans
- 1 cup elbow noodles
- salt and pepper
- 1 potato (optional)
- chop/cut up all vegetables
- that’s it! prep time is a big win for this meal (although not really for me because I still take forever to chop/cut up vegetables) haha! But one day I’ll really appreciate this quick prep period.
- add all ingredients, except the noodles and green beans, into a large pot and stir together
- cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 90 minutes
- add in the noodles and green beans for the last 20 minutes of cook time
- soup should lightly simmer/softly bubble, not be at a full boil while cooking
- fix any side dishes you would like while the soup cooks
- we like to do cheese, crackers, olives, salami etc., or just crackers, whatever you are feeling that day!
And that is all folks! 🙂 DINNNERRR is served when the soup is done cooking, and my first soup making adventure turned out great!! A delicious meal that takes minimal effort after prepping the veggies, I am all for that!! There is something that just feels good about homemade soup, so it is one meal that will be enjoyed many more times, hopefully in a many more different varieties!