Hellooo blog fam!!! As some of you (maybe one or two at the most 😉 ) may have noticed, I have been MIA for a few weeks now and I’m so sad about that!!! I was on such a great roll in my cooking endeavor and then my roommates left me for a week, family vacation happened, and a few weeks of very simple dinners (aka left overs) ensued and here we are a month-ish since my last blog post ah! I’ve also recently cooked a few things for the blog that I’ve just failed to actually put up on the blog, so hopefully I’ll have a few new posts coming at you in the next few days to get us back on track!! Up first is just a side dish that I made for dinner a few weeks ago (BBQ master was working his magic so I was relived of main dish duties), macaroni salad!!! An easy, delicious side dish for a good summer meal!
WEEK 14: MACARONI SALAD
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 package Ditalini noodles
- ~ 2 celery stalks
- 2-3 green onions
- ~ 1 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- ~ 1/2 tablespoon pickle relish (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- One thing that is important to note, the longer the salad is able to sit/set/cool down the better, ideally for about 3-4 hours, even overnight. So make sure to plan accordingly when doing this for dinner!
- hard boil eggs
- Now I had never done this before, mostly because I’m not a big egg fan unless said egg is scrambled or fried, or like mixed in a cake 😉 but as it turns out, hard boiling eggs is very easy and nothing to fret about
- place in eggs in boiling water for about 10 minutes and let them cool before peeling and chopping them up for the salad
- chop celery and green onions
- boil water to prep for noodles
- cook noodles (takes about 10-12 minutes)
- drain and place under cool running water to cool noodles down faster
- make sure all excess water is out and then place in large bowl
- mix in other ingredients
- eggs, celery, green onion, mayonnaise, milk, pickle relish, salt and pepper
- stir together real nice and place in fridge to let cool and set
THE END! 🙂 That is all there is to it folks, a tasty side dish to go along with any number of your summer meals! Mine turned out great and was the perfect pairing with some good BBQ!