Pinterest win this week!!! So to get us back in the cooking groove for real, my mom found a recipe on Pinterest that she wanted me to try, and let me just say, we were all SUPER impressed with how it turned out and it will definitely be made again soon!! Essentially they are like a fancy version of chicken fingers, and as a lover of most kinds of chicken fingers/nuggets of both the fancy and non-fancy varieties, I was totally down for this idea and super excited about trying it out!! Shout out to Pinterest for being an AMAZING hub for so many ideas and inspirations, both inside and outside the kitchen, and to the blog MomDot for being home to the recipe we found!! Clink the link here to see the recipe for yourself! *what I actually did in the kitchen with this meal might stray a little bit from the original recipe, but you can always refer to the original when trying on your own!*
WEEK SIXTEEN: BAKED PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (we bought a package of pre-grated parmesan at the store)
- 3 tablespoons parsley (we used dried parsley)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- defrost chicken and cut into “finger” or “nugget” sized pieces
- chop garlic
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- combine the panko, parsley, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix together
- combine melted butter, garlic, and lemon juice in a second bowl and mix together
- place chicken finger or nugget into the butter/lemon/garlic mixture and coat both sides
- then place in the panko/parmesan/parsley mixture until both sides are breaded and fully covered
- place on baking sheet and repeat with all of your chicken fingers/nuggets
- bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked!
- we wanted ours to be crispy and nice and golden brown, and found that placing the cooked chicken under the broiler for a few extra minutes made it just PERFECT!
AND now just sit back and ENJOY the delicious-ness! Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and so full of flavor, definitely one of my new favorite ways to cook chicken and keep it fun, fresh, and exciting!!! I also made sides of mac and cheese (because duh, mac and cheese and chicken fingers) 😉 and corn on the cob (which involved shucking and placing the corn cobs in water and boiling for about 10 minutes, then turning the heat off and letting them set in the water until the rest of the meal was ready). So all in all, a pretty simple meal and one that I think we will enjoy many more times!