Dad’s famous pizza has been a staple in the Carli household since forever (aka as long as I can remember) and it will always have a special place in my heart and stomach. lol But mostly my heart. And since this has been my Dad’s speciality in the kitchen for so long, he got the special honor of being my kitchen coach this week! (truly making mom proud having both my dad and I in the kitchen making a dinner) 😉 Needless to say, he was a fantastic teacher and a very fun pizza making partner! AND I love pizza, especially this pizza, so it’s really a win-win in all of the ways.
*DAD’S FAMOUS PIZZA*
- Boboli pizza crust
- pizza sauce
- shredded cheese (we use “pizza cheese” and “Italian blend” varieties)
- any toppings that you are feeling that day
- pepperoni, olives, jalapeno, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, etc.
- no defrosting today (hi mom)
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- prepare any veggies
- slice tomatoes and mushrooms, chop peppers, etc.
- place pizza crust on cutting board
- sauce it up!
- cover generously with both kinds of shredded cheese, first with the pizza blend and then fill in with the Italian blend (the more the merrier in my opinion, big cheese enthusiast) lol
- cover with desired toppings
- confession: I have pretty simple (some like to call it boring, agree to disagree) taste when it comes to pizza toppings. Like I could eat lots of different stuff on it and it would be fine, but give me some pepperoni and maybe some olives or jalapeno and I’d consider it perfect!
- so this week we did a half and half pizza, with my side being pepperoni, olives, and jalapeno and my parents having the rest of the stuff on their half. lol
- place on pizza baking sheet and put in the oven for a minimum of 12 minutes, adding another 3 or so minutes if you want your pizza crust to be a little crisper!
- when pizza is baked to your desired level of crust crispness, take it out of the oven and put it back on the cutting board for slicing
Simple, delicious, and a fun meal to make for a casual and lazy night at home! Or really for any occasion or mood or day, because it’s pizza and pizza is always a good idea. The only sad part about this meal was the lack of a use for my new, beloved onion goggles. 😉 So enjoy and get creative with some of dad’s famous pizza!!!